Sunday, June 15, 2014

Do You Mind?

Blazer, thrifted // Velvet skirt, thrifted // Spaghetti strapped cropped top, random store // Pleather suspenders, Bangkok Thailand // DKNY bag, gifted from sister // Shoes, Dr. Martens X Agyness Deyn 

I CANNOT REPEAT ENOUGH. 
I love thrift shopping to the extent that I will give up high fashion street brands. Okay, totally untrue. In any case, the few years that I have been thrift shopping have taught me the hidden gems in a small place like Singapore. As well as others overseas. Even though i bet in the U.S, it would be 1000 times better, at least the stuff I found here makes me appreciate our little red dot.

So this outfit incorporates mostly thrifted/cheap items that cost only SGD $14!!! Excluding shoes, bag and accessories that is. For a twist, I actually criss crossed my pleather suspenders into an "X" shape to imitate a body harness. (Well, just because I don't have one).

My blazer was an ultimate steal because I love its different and unique collar. It fits me right and has good quality for just $5. Story was, it was tagged $10 at the thrift store but I went to the counter and the woman told me it was $5. Needless to say, I gladly paid!!!! The velvet skirt is a simple one but for its interesting color and that it's only 2 bucks, I thought "why not"! 

Anyway, I'm hoping to change people's mind of not always being so brand conscious. Don't get me wrong because I love my H&M, Topshop, Zara and more. But sometimes, thrift shopping allows for an item nobody else have. Better still, talk about the cheap prices if you actually find good deals. It feels more like winning the lottery in a way. And I do mix up high fashion brands with thrifted items so it's all about the balance I guess. (And a part of me wants to create a thrift shopping club).

Lastly, I was contacted for a feature in AFS, www.afstreetstyle.com. They are a new Asian fashion street site, still trying to gain recognition. Thanks for having me! :)




x

No comments:

Post a Comment